Coming in 2018 a new tour of the Museum of the Bible in the Washington D.C. entitled:
The Word of God Endures Forever
For years we have anticipated the grand opening of the brand new Museum of the Bible (MOTB) in Washington D.C. Some months prior to its inauguration in November 2017, we began working closely with museum officials to develop a private Oasis tour that will help friends benefit to the full from a visit there. We are grateful for their cooperation, and we are confident you will be greatly enriched and encouraged by the special tour program we have prepared throughout the museum's astounding collection and unique exhibitions.
WHAT IS THE MUSEUM OF THE BIBLE?- With 430,000 sq. ft. of space, MOTB is the world's largest museum dedicated to the Bible. It is non-sectarian private institution with the stated purpose to "invite all people to engage with the Bible." Though not produced by the "faithful and discreet slave," the museum contains many reference works and historical and archaeological objects used for researching the publications it produces.. You will no doubt be as thrilled as we were to see scrolls, parchment fragments, manuscripts, polyglots and translation tools that are referenced, quoted, and pictured in our study publications. Included in the museum's vast collection are:
- The world's largest private collection of retired Torah scrolls, spanning more than 700 years of global history
- The second-largest private collection of Dead Sea Scroll fragments, which are the earliest-surviving manuscripts of the Hebrew Bible
- A “Noble Fragment” of the first edition of the Gutenberg Bible, circa 1455 A.D., the first major book to be printed using movable type
- William Tyndale's New Testament of 1552 C.E., the first edition of the Christian Greek Scriptures in the English language
- Early original copies of Martin Luther's translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures as well as the entire Bible, including a hand signed edition
- A 1611 C.E. first edition of the King James Bible New Testament — one of only two known surviving copies on earth
- First editions of the Douay-Rheims Bible, the first Catholic Bible to be translated into English
HOW YOU CAN BENEFIT FROM THE TOUR- We are confident this tour will strengthen the faith of all and build even greater appreciation for how the Holy Scriptures have survived for over 3,500 years! Just some of the beneficial points to ponder for this tour are:
- Is there proof the Bible was divinely inspired and preserved?
- How far back in the writings of man do we find references to Gods name and his name people?
- What efforts have devout individuals throughout the ages made in order to preserve this precious book?
- What is notable about the countries many of these people lived in?
- How does the style of translation influence a readers comprehension?
- Could any of those involved in Bible translation, copying, and printing have been anointed?
- What influence did the Bible have in the history of Anglo-American world power?
- What impact has the Bible had on a global scale?
These are just a few of the highlights you can expect when you join us for The Word of God Endures Forever tour at the Museum of the Bible.
SOMETHING FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY- The Word of God Endures Forever tour is designed for all age groups and experience levels in mind. Our guides will be sure to keep your young ones interested as we have included a special project just for them for them. They'll participate actively as we explore the museum's collection. After the tour is over you can take time to let your kids explore many of the interactive galleries designed especially for children.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?
- The tour lasts approximately 3 hours and includes a break at the museums café
- We anticipate the use of headsets to make it easy and comfortable for all to hear
- After the tour, free time will be provided to explore the many interactive and immersive experiences within the museum
- All guides are well-trained experienced brothers and sisters
- The museum is located very close to the National Mall and many other attractions
- Tours will initially be conducted in English with other languages soon to follow
- This tour can be taken by itself and will also be included in our multi-day Washington D.C. tour entitled: The Horn and the Holy Ones [click here]
WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE UPDATED?
If you would like to receive an email when this tour officially starts and we begin accepting reservations, please click here and fill out a short contact form. You will be notified in a short while of the tour schedules and availability.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL OR EMAIL THE OFFICE ABOUT THIS TOUR PRIOR TO IT'S OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE. All information for the tour will be posted here and emailed to the above email list. The office staff does not have any information regarding this tour beyond what is published.